Friday 16 August 2013

Simple Everyday Makeup

When I go out in the daytime, I like to keep my makeup simple and fresh. My trick to a simple look is "less is more".
Try not to use too many products because it may look a bit heavy.


These are my favourite products for a fresh look:

Left to right: Mac Soft Brown Eyeshadow, Mac Paintpot in Painterly, Benefit Hoola Bronzer, Garnier Anti Dark Circles Roller Ball Concealer, Mac Creme d'Nude Lipstick, Maybelline Fit Me Concealer, Stila All Over Shimmer Kitten Duo, Urban Decay Naked Basics, YSL Volume Effet Faux Cils Mascara in Black & Tarte Lights Camera Lashes Mascara in Black

To create this look:

Firstly apply your under eye concealer, to erase any darkness under your eyes. Then apply your regular concealer to any imperfections. 
A concealer I find great under my eyes is the Garnier Anti Dark Circles Roller Ball Concealer, (I believe I am in the shade light-medium). My dark circles aren't terrible, so this light coverage concealer works good for me. The consistency is quite runny and feels light under the eyes. I think it also has caffeine in it, so it really awakens your eyes. 
Next apply a thicker concealer to any imperfections or blemishes. I have really been enjoying Maybelline's Fit Me Concealer (I am in the colour Sand). It has a thick consistency, but not too thick that it feels heavy. It works great to cover up spots and blemishes or any redness.
If you want, you can set your concealer with a powder, but I usually skip this step.



Maybelline Fit Me Concealer, Garnier Anti Dark Circles Roller Ball Concealer

Next apply a matte bronzer around the edges of your face, where the sun would naturally hit (cheekbones, temples, jawline & neck). I have been loving Benefit Hoola Bronzer, it the perfect colour for me, not muddy and not too orange. The texture is smooth. Overall this product is excellent, and suits many people.
After bronzer, apply a bit of your favourite illuminator/highlighter. You can choose whether to use a powder one or cream/liquid one. If you want a matte look, use a powder, if you a dewy finish, use a cream/liquid highlighter. A powder one which I adore is Stila All Over Shimmer Kitten Duo. It looks lovely on the face and suits many skin colours. It comes with 2 shades, so people with deeper or paler skin colours would suit this product. 


Stila All Over Shimmer Kitten Duo, Benefit Hoola Bronzer
Taken with flash

Left to right: Stila All Over Shimmer Kitten Duo, lighter colour
Stila All Over Shimmer Kitten Duo, bronze colour
Benefit Hoola Bronzer
Taken Without Flash

Next step is eyes, I have been keeping my eye look very simple lately. 
Firstly apply a base, I love Mac Paintpot in Painterly. It has a thick, creamy consistency which makes your eyeshadows stay on all day without creasing and creates a perfect base for your eyeshadows. It also erases any visible redness or veins on your eyelids. It has a light pinky colour.
Then apply a medium brown colour to your crease. I love using Mac Soft Brown eyeshadow, it is a perfect crease colour. 
After that, apply a bit of Venus from Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette on your inner corner of your eye. This brightens up your eye and makes you look more awake. 
Then apply Faint from that same palette under your lower lash line. This will darken the look, intensify and define the eyes. 

Mac Soft Brown Eyeshadow, Mac Paintpot in Painterly, Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette


Mac Soft Brown Eyeshadow, Mac Paintpot in Painterly
Taken with flash


Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette
Taken with flash

Left to right: Mac Paintpot in Painterly, Mac Soft Brown Eyeshadow, Venus from Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette, Faint from Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette
Taken without flash

Next apply two coats of mascara to your upper and lower lashes. My all time favourite mascara is the Tarte Lights Camera Lashes Mascara in Black, this mascara is amazing. It adds volume and length to my eyelashes and doesn't clump at all. I apply one coat of this.
Then I apply one coat of the YSL Volume Effet Faux Cils Mascara in Black. Honestly this mascara is not that great, you can certainly find better mascaras from the drugstore or high end brands instead of splurging on this. It makes your lashes look very natural instead of dramatic and I like my lashes to look as dramatic as can be. I find it only works well for me as a second coat after I have applied a coat of another mascara.


YSL Volume Effet Faux Cils Mascara in Black, Tarte Lights Camera Lashes Mascara in Black


The final step of this look is to apply a nude lipstick. I usually go for pinky/beige nudes instead of browns or yellow toned nudes.
This nude lipstick is my absolute favourite at the moment. It is Mac Creme d'Nude Lipstick. It has a Cremesheen finish to it, so it is very pigmented and moisturising on the lips. It also has a sheen to the lips, which is gorgeous.

Mac Creme d'Nude Lipstick
Taken with flash

Mac Creme d'Nude Lipstick Swatch 
Taken without flash



Sorry for the long post today, but hopefully it was meaningful. 

Thanks for reading!

xo, jest 

No comments:

Post a Comment